All IAAI Members agree to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.
As fire, arson, and explosion investigators, we shall:
- Regard ourselves as members of a vital and ethical profession;
- Conduct both our personal and official lives so as to inspire the confidence of the public;
- Regard it as our duty to avail ourselves of every opportunity to learn more about our profession;
- Encourage and support professional standards for fire, arson, and explosion investigators;
- Avoid alliances with those whose practices are inconsistent with an honest and unbiased investigation; and
- Bear in mind that we are first and foremost truth-seekers, not case makers; it is our duty to protect the innocent and hold accountable those responsible for loss by fire or explosion.